Do you want great health? Establish a regular, healthy circadian rhythm!
The body is programmed to work optimally on a 24-hour circadian cycle. Eating, sleeping and exercising at regular times each day supports health and fitness and can actually prolong life!
Many people who live to be 100+ say that they followed regular healthy routines in their lives.
I have listed 8 natural routines for health often called “the 8 natural doctors”.
- Nutrition: Eat for strength and not for gluttony! Eat a minimum of 5 servings of fresh vegetables and 2 servings of fresh fruit daily. Be sure to include raw nuts, seeds and grains in your daily fare. Eat a daily variety of food colors including greens, reds, yellows, browns and blues. The deeper the color, the more nutrient dense the food.
- Exercise: Move your body! Get active 20 to 30 minutes each day, enough to raise your heart rate and give it a workout too. Choose an exercise that you enjoy doing and will stick with for the long haul. Exercise will help keep every muscle, joint and organ working more efficiently! Just a brisk walk will do.
- Water: Drink water like a camel! Many people are dehydrated and wonder why they have health issues. Make sure you get your 6 to 8 glasses of water every day to replenish what your body uses. (Take a look at a previous blog I wrote on hydration back in May.)
- Sunshine: Many people are deficient in vitamin D. Exposing yourself to a half hour of sun each day will help your body produce it. Sunshine can help decrease anxiety, irritability and stress. The sun, if not overdone, will also give you a more “sunny attitude” and good mood.
- Trust in Divine Power: Trusting in a power greater than yourself will help keep you in good health. Just knowing there’s a God you can turn to, that will be with you through difficult situations, helps a person’s outlook on life. It will also help your physical health. Pray and meditate daily
- Air: Fresh air on a regular basis is one of the better things you can do for your body and your mood. People spend too much time indoors with stale air that hinders the lungs and respiratory system. Breathe deeply of outdoor air for a few minutes every day, even in the cold winter.
- Rest: Our bodies require 6 to 8 hours of rest to rebuild our cells and bodily systems after a busy or hard work day. Sleep recharges your energy and boosts your immune system. It’s also important to rest every seventh day. Our body and our brains will function better if we take one day a week away from our occupations. Our bodies were made to repair themselves if given the right amount of rest.
- Temperance: Moderation in all things! Time with our families, working, serving others, exercising, eating, drinking, recreation, and resting should all be done in balance. When we over or under do in any of these areas we are out of balance and our bodies or minds will pay the price!
The 1st letter of each natural doctor above spells “NEW START“. Do you want a new start? Incorporate these 8 routines into your daily life and I’m sure you will notice improved physical, mental and spiritual health.
Offers a new beginnings live-in clinic if you need more help with your health than you can accomplish by yourself. Their website: http://newstart.com/
Above all things I wish that you would prosper and be in good health!